The ongoing project Alone, Together — a postcard project continues at Fifth Avenue Art Gallery. This growing project is awaiting your contribution.
Postcards have been used by travelers for ages. They convey a brief message to family and friends that we are doing fine and enjoying new sights. In this time of social distancing, many of us are feeling very alone and disconnected. The Fifth Avenue Art Gallery is inviting everyone who has ever sent a postcard to create an original one from home and mail or deliver it to us to help everyone feel connected, together during these times of uncertainty.
Anyone everywhere can submit up to 10 postcards. We believe there is an artist in all of us. Give it a try! You seasoned artists can show us what your work is all about, in miniature of course. If you submit it, we will display it as a special exhibit. Cards cannot exceed 4 x 6 inches.
Here are a few prompts you can choose from, or you can take it in your own direction.
• Illustrate a quote that keeps you going.
• Make art about the people who have shared distancing with you, together.
• Illustrate something that gives you comfort when you are feeling alone or anxious.
• Create art about something you are newly grateful for or noticed in a new way.
• Illustrate a place you are excited to see again, or an activity you can’t wait to do again.
All entrants agree to allow us to display and promote the work for the duration of the project with credit given to the artist. Currently, there is no plan for selling the work submitted.
Submit by mail to:
The Fifth Avenue Art Gallery: ATTN Postcards
1470 Highland Ave.