BPS Announces Schools that Will Serve as Food Distribution Centers for Free Student Meals Beginning March 23
VIERA, FL -- Brevard Public Schools (BPS) is pleased to announce that the following schools will open as food distribution centers on Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27, from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm:
• Atlantis Elementary (Cocoa)
• Cape View Elementary (Cape Canaveral)
• Coquina Elementary (Titusville) • Mims Elementary (Mims)
• Cambridge Elementary (Cocoa)
• Golfview Elementary (Rockledge)
• Mila Elementary (Merritt Island)
• Central Middle (West Melbourne)
• Jupiter Elementary (Palm Bay)
• Sherwood Elementary (Melbourne)
• Sunrise Elementary (Palm Bay)
• Turner Elementary (Palm Bay)
• University Park Elementary (Melbourne) Meals will be distributed to any child age 18 years and younger. Each child will receive a package containing one breakfast meal and one lunch meal. To ensure social distancing, BPS requests that parents drive into the bus loop and release their trunk; a BPS employee will place one meal package per child in the trunk of the vehicle. The cafeteria and other school buildings will not be opened to parents and students.
PLEASE NOTE: Children will be served even if they are not accompanied by a parent/guardian, however, per USDA regulations, all parents/guardians MUST have the child(ren) present in order for them to receive their meals. Those who arrive on foot or bike/etc. will still be served, however, social distancing will be adhered to. The cafeteria and other school buildings will not be opened to parents and students.