Many seniors, fully vaccinated against COVID, are venturing back out for their normal activities. One Senior Place is aiming to welcome them back.
“We wanted to do something fun. Just to welcome them back to a little bit of normal,” said Barbara Franklin, the director of One Senior Place. “It took a few months for people to venture out and come back in.”
One Senior Place Under the Tent Event is inviting seniors to a fun event May 11 through 14. Advanced registration is necessary for the outdoor event.
- To kick off the week, the popular Dr. Frederick Peterson and his Ask the Doctor Lunch & Learn talk will take place at noon on May 11. “I’ve been vaccinated. Now what?” will be the topic of discussion. Lunch, sponsored by Vitas, will be served from 11:30
- to noon.
“Dr. Peterson will talk about the efficiencies of different vaccines and what to do to stay safe,” Franklin said.
- At 2 p.m., “Sold in a Second. Now What?” will be presented by Oceans Realty. The talk is geared to people who are putting their houses on the market. Financing options for seniors who are selling their homes, buying a new condo or house, or looking for a senior community will be presented.
- Chefs from local senior living facilities will be cooking up delicious foods for seniors to sample at “A Taste of Senior Living” on May 12. Marketing representatives from those communities will be on hand to answer any questions.
- An ice cream social will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, May 13, followed by a matinee showing of “Casablanca” indoors from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Both events are sponsored by Rhodes Law.
- On Friday, May 14, the food truck “Len and Ten” will be selling tasty delights from 11:30 to 1 p.m., followed by bingo with a beach theme from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
“We’re looking forward to it,” Franklin said. “We all need some fun and laughter.”
One Senior Place is located at 8085 Spyglass Hill Road. For more information, call 321-751-6771 or go to OneSeniorPlace.com.