Tallahassee, Fla. – Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced new eligibility guidelines for COVID-19 vaccinations in Florida.
Beginning Monday, March 29, all individuals age 40 and older will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning the following Monday, April 5, all individuals age 18 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
Floridians are encouraged to pre-register at www.myvaccine.fl.gov. Once pre-registered, they’ll be contacted when the vaccine is available in their area. Floridians can also call the vaccine preregistration phone number for their county, listed here.
Vaccines are also available at 150 CVS locations, 125 Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club locations, more than 70 Winn Dixie locations, soon-to-be over 600 Walgreens pharmacies, and every single one of the 730 Publix pharmacies across the state.
Watch the Governor’s announcement by clicking:
- Tonight, Melbourne City Council members will discuss repealing an ordinance on panhandling.
- Family expands Jalisco tradition to 12th restaurant
- Crazy weekend leads to pair of wins for VSLL 8-10 softball All-Stars
- Roller hockey rink debuts at La Roca Park
- Twisted Fin offers fresh, healthy seafood fare
- VSLL 8-10 baseball team drops opening game of District 2 tournament
- Senior owl mentors baby screech owls at wildlife hospital
- Wine veranda coming to Viera’s Borrows West
- International market slated for Rockledge late this year
- Fortunate few enjoy VIP island life near Grant