It's that time again... One week is left to submit an application for the State Farm Neighborhood Assist Grant<http://www.neighborhoodassist.com/>. They will accept the first 2,000 applications that come in on June 2 at 1 p.m. Last year they had 2,000 applications in 45 minutes.
Now, more than ever, communities are in need of support. No matter what your passion — a literacy program, COVID relief efforts, social injustice initiatives or a playground in need of repair — you can be the catalyst for positive change. Last year, Family Promise of Brevard won the $25,000 State Farm Neighborhood Assist Grant.
What you should know
* State Farm Neighborhood Assist(r), a crowd-sourced philanthropic initiative, lets communities determine where grant funding is awarded. Anyone 18 years of age and older in the U.S. can participate.
* The application is short and simple. It only has three questions. Learn more by visiting www.neighborhoodassist.com. The applications open up June 2 at 1 p.m.
* Meet the 2020 Winning Causes<https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/meetthewinners2020.html>. (The more unique, the higher the chances of making it into the top 200)
Key program details / 2021 Submission Guide<https://d3tveo6izsr7d0.cloudfront.net/neighborhoodassist2021/SFNA_Submission_Guide_2021.pdf>
* Your application will be judged based on your answers to the following three questions: (Get your answers ready now)
o How much does the cause focus on an unmet need in this community?
o Why do you feel the $25,000 would address the unmet need?
o How much of a lasting impact on this community would the grant have?
* The submission phase starts at 1 p.m. on June 2 and ends when 2,000 submissions are reached. You can prepare now by going to the website and downloading the submission guide. Last year, we had 2,000 application in less that 1 hour.
* The Top 200 finalists will then be uploaded to www.neighborhoodassist.com<http://www.neighborhoodassist.com> where you can vote for 10 days - from Aug. 18 - 27. Each person gets up to 10 votes per day, every day.
* The top 40 causes with the most votes will each win a $25,000 grant from State Farm. Winners will be announced on Sept. 29 at www.neighborhoodassist.com.