Determined to keep the memories of fallen police officers alive, about 150 bicyclists rode into Mims and on to Titusville on the final leg of their 350-mile ride.
The Police Unity Tour arrived Thursday morning at the Harry and Harriette Moore Memorial Park and Cultural Center in Mims for a rest and lunch stop before heading to the Police Hall of Fame in Titusville.
“The motto is we ride for those who died,” said Joe Sommers, who recently retired from the Orlando Police Department. "We ride for the families, so they know that their loved ones will be remembered.”
- Whole foods, strong mind leads to a healthy life
- Viera High milestone class set for 10-year reunion
- National homebuilder breaks ground on 1,300-home, 55+ community in Viera
- Sanford company picked to replace Viera East golf course irrigation system
- Chipotle could add new spice to Titusville restaurant scene
- Santa Claus is still coming to malls, cautious amid pandemic
- Santas sprint into holiday
- Cocoa Beach Art Show set for Thanksgiving weekend
- Viera Voice, November 2021